Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Success!

Well, yesterday was the type of day that I dread.  Anything that could go wrong went wrong, at work, personally - everything. It was just a good ole stressful day. I wanted nothing more then to just say 'forget you, Yoga' but instead I thought, hmm maybe that will help me de-stress, provided I don't get sick...

So, I decided to go and I was prepared to pace myself and listen to my body and just do it.  AND I DID IT!!!  (or as Quinny would say.. "I diiiiiiiiiiiid!") I actually LOVED it!!! and I never got sick!!!!! That was so great.  It was just what I needed after a long day and sure I chilled in Childs Pose when I needed to get my breath back but I only had to do that once and I am just so excited that it was a positive experience!!!

And then it was over.  I was so hot and gross that I thought hmm I'm not parked that far away this time, so maybe I can get away with not changing back into my work clothes and just wear the stanky sweaty stuff outside and dash to the car...so I take off to the stairs and go to get my shoes and think crap! they are heels..this is quite the fashion statement...but I say who cares and make a mad dash out the door.  I get to my car in almost a jiffy and it's locked.  I had stuffed my work clothes in my purse (which I am now carrying around, yay me!) and so I have to put down my mat...yank the clothes out just to try to find the keys that of course, are way at the bottom of my Mary Poppins purse. As I'm searching for them in my sweaty shorts and tank and HEELS people are walking by on the sidewalk looking at the heels...I feel compelled to explain, but I decide it's not worth it. 

I get in the car and I check my phone messages and realize I forgot (shocker!!!!) that the travel clinic was at the church for 6pm (its 645) for a meeting and to give the needles to all of us that we need to get for Jamaica.  I peel away and call Jason to see if they are still there and he says Yes, and he mentions all the kids parents are there too...I think to myself, oh NO, I look like a drowned rat - and I'm in workout clothes with HEELS, and I won't have time to change because they are already waiting for me.

So, as I'm pulling up to a red light I get the brilliant idea to get changed...no one's around...just so we are clear...I quickly get my pants on and the light changes, phew one thing down, one to go - and at the next red light, I very casually fling my work shirt over the tank and after a little arm-getting-stuck struggle I manage to pull the tank out and VOILA!! magic.

My hair still was a wreck, and my face was red as a beet - but I pulled it off. Those parents probably think I'm a lunatic...but hopefully they will still trust the troll to take care of their children.  Best part about the all this was that because of all the distractions I didn't have time to stress about the fact that I was getting a NEEDLE! I hate needles with a passion...I avoid them at all costs.  And now, I'm about to get one in front of a bunch of teens and I need to be a good example and not freak out...So, in an effort to save myself some embarrassment, I went to the back of the line. but that made things worse because then I had time to freak myself out.  BUT I went in there and I was a big girl and it wasn't so bad...unfortunately I need to get another one a few days before I leave...bOOO.

Today, I was looking for some clothes to wear and in the bottom of my drawer I see pants that I got for Christmas, that I never wore because they were too tight to even get up my legs, but I kept them because I love them and hoped to someday fit in them...and today I thought I'd try them on and THEY FIT!!! they are little tight on the gut but they fit!! I can't even believe it!

Today is a grrrrrreat day! Bring on the lunchtime Yoga!!

5 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Congrats girl! Can I borrow some of your motivation??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! Way to stick with it Jillian! Adam goes to hot
    Yoga and thoroughly enjoys it, I should try a class with him but like you were I terrified! For one I have no clue what I am doing, 2- I hate the heat, 3- maybe I'll be the one throwing up after!! Hahaha! If I am feeling like not going to the gym I think that's the time I really should be going so I go and never once regret it! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suffer from the "forget you, Yoga" syndrome all the time. Always feel so good after class though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Proud of you Jill!!

    ReplyDelete