Monday, March 9, 2015

Life these days

It has been a long while since I posted anything...BUT lots has been going on!  People have asked me to blog again, but I didn't really have much to talk about. However, I find it fun to write so I'm starting up again. 

If you are expecting deep, wise words, this is not the blog for you. This is just me rambling about things, or events in my everyday life. 

As most of you know my darling husband is finally in Canada!! Only took 15 months...but he's here and has been here (in Canada) since December 1st, 2014 and  Here on PEI since Dec 2!

He is adjusting really well...I'm so impressed with him. He gave up so much to be here with me and he's really doing so well!  He's never seen snow before, he's never left Jamaica! So this winter has been a test...and he freakin' loves it! I'm so thankful, he could have totally been like "what. have. I. agreed. to." but instead he's like "man, I'm tough, I can handle this snow, you just need to dress for it!" (this coming from a man who wore a t-shirt and vest to church yesterday...it was nice, but it was still -10!)

He's calling me out all the time for complaining about how cold it is been...he's like "Jill, you're Canadian!!!" and I'm like " Buddy, I'm still human..."

Everything has been so new! We are newlyweds for REAL now haha! It was so nice to be able to spend Christmas and New Year's, his birthday and Valentines day TOGETHER. I often day dream of years to come -- it so much easier to go there now that he's here with me, and there is SO much for us to look forward to!

Something else that has happened recently is my little brother got ENGAGED!!! I'm super excited about this wedding coming up! They are going to be getting married in October. 

Having said that I'm sure you can guess where I'm going with this...I need to look good!  I have always been bad at taking care of myself health-wise, however, I have PLENTY of reason to get in shape, now more than ever.  Not only do I want to look amazing at this wedding so I can dance till I drop (preferably not after the first 5 minutes, which is what would happen now), but I want to have a healthy lifestyle at home for myself, for my husband and for our future children - no, I'm not pregnant. 

I really need to get a grip on this part of my life. Like yesterday. I am the heaviest I have ever been, and I have really been changing the food I usually eat mostly because Andree is a vegetarian (but eats fish) so he likes super healthy foods. However, we all know it's not just about food.  I have a job that I sit on my arse for most of the day and then I go home, eat, relax and sleep. I need to make time for exercise!

So, March is the month (I know it's the 9th, but don't worry about it) that I'm going to try out a beginners workout of 5 days a week for 4 weeks strength and aerobic alternating exercise days. It's low key, but I need to start somewhere and I tend to over do it...refer back to my Yoga 1 - Jill 0 post...I refuse to do that again, so I'm starting small.

I have a VERY small goal to lose this month (5lbs) and if I make it, I will be elated, and I will increase things for April.  Ideally, I'd like to lose 30 before the wedding - that's like 5 lbs a month - it should be doable.

I will try to do some updates on here mostly for my future skinny self to look back on and see how far I've come. Also, because I know a few of you will read this and help keep me accountable! 

Let the 2015 blogging experience begin!





No comments:

Post a Comment