Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Turbo!!

Taking a break from Jamaica for a moment...I went with my two older sisters to Turbo last night.  It's a mixture of aerobics/zumba/ufit/bootcamp...it's basically evil.

Actually, it was kinda fun, and I surprised myself with how much I could keep up, well for a first-timer at least! (yay yoga!) I was definitely hurtin' during the workout...it is intense man!! and just when she starts counting down the last few reps, she loses count at 3!! and says it again a couple of times...who can't count from 3-1?

I'd never heard of this before, but she did this thing called Crazy Arms...she wasn't lying! Basically you can't put your arms to your sides for an entire song (one of those long 4 minute songs...).  You might think, oh Jill, that's doesn't sound hard - oh yeah? Try it! Put your arms straight out, and up and out and do little circles - just try it...for 4 minutes.  I thought my arms were going to fall off, they still might. But man, what a workout.  I'll have to try it again.

Also!! I signed up for my fitness pal online, and it's the coolest thing ever.  It basically is an online food/exercise journal where you can log all your info and it calculates everything to say this is how many cals you should have in a day, and keeps track of how many cals you burned for a certain exercise...And it tells you the meal you had that day - if you ate it everyday, in 5 weeks you would weigh XXX lbs.  It's freakin' awesome. You type in "tim horton's double double" and it tells you how many cals...you type in Rice cake with nutella...and it tells you how many cals. The database has SO much to choose from even different name brands of rice cakes or Jane's chicken..or anything! It's FREE and you can also get the free app for your phone too...do it!!! It's an awesome way to keep track of everything and it doesn't take long at all!

myfitnesspal.com.   You won't regret it!

1 comment: